ATLANTA – The “UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans” fighter weigh-ins took place today at Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Ga. Only lightweight fighter John Makdessi failed to make weight, coming in at 158, two pounds over his contracted lightweight non-title fight limit of 156 pounds. As a result Makdessi must forfeit 20 percent of his purse to his opponent Anthony Njokuani.
There were loud boos mixed with cheers as main event challenger “Suga” Rashad Evans walked out for the weigh-ins. The former light heavyweight champion weighed in at 204, just a pound under the title fight limit. His opponent, and current UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, also walked out to a chorus of boos, probably even louder than the boos for Evans.
But he also got a lot of cheers as he stepped on the scales, weighing in at exactly 205 pounds. Both fighters were amped up and their staredown was intense. Evans beat on his chest and snarled at the champion while Jones was a bit more subdued but still obviously excited to put an end to this feud once and for all.
Stay tuned for our exclusive photo gallery from the UFC 145 weigh-ins.
The complete UFC 145 weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (Pay-Per-View)
- Champ Jon Jones (205) vs. Rashad Evans (204)
- Rory MacDonald (169.5) vs. Che Mills (170)
- Ben Rothwell (263) vs. Brendan Schaub (237)
- Michael McDonald (135) vs. Miguel Torres (135.5)
- Mark Hominick (145.5) vs. Eddie Yagin (144.5)
- John Alessio (155.5) vs. Mark Bocek (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Travis Browne (250) vs. Chad Griggs (228)
- Matt Brown (171) vs. Stephen Thompson (171)
- John Makdessi (158)* vs. Anthony Njokuani (156)
- Mac Danzig (155) vs. Efrain Escudero (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Chris Clements (169) vs. Keith Wisniewski (170.5)
- Maximo Blanco (146) vs. Marcus Brimage (145)
* – 20% of Makdessi’s purse goes to Njokuani.