Episode one of The Ultimate Fighter – Brazil featured 16 elimination round fights; eight featherweight and eight middleweight. The winner of each fight moves into the TUF house and will be selected for either Team Silva or Team Belfort.
The episode starts with all 32 fighters entering the Octagon. Coaches Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva walk in next and stand in front of them, letting them know what they signed up for. Then UFC President Dana White enters the Octagon, all the fighters put on headphones where White’s traditional “Do you wanna be a [expletive] fighter speech” is translated for them in real time. White tells them this is the most important moment of their lives.
The fights begin. Here are the results:
- Rony Mariano Bezerra def. Dileno Lopes by TKO (punches) Rd 1
- Godofredo Pepey def. Johnny Goncalves by submission (armbar) Rd 1
- Hugo “Wolverine” Viana def. Alexandre “Sangue” Ramos by knockout (elbow strikes) Rd 1
- Rodrigo Damm def. Fabricio “Guerreiro” de Assis Costa da Silva by submission (rear-naked choke) Rd 2
- Wagner “Galeto” Campos def. Fernando Duarte Guerra by decision Rd 3
- Anistavio Medeiros de Figueiredo def. Rafael Bueno by unanimous decision Rd 3
- John “Macapa” Teixeira def. Giovanni “Soldado” da Silva Santos Jr. by submission (armbar) Rd 1
- Marcos Vinicius Borges Pancini def. Pedro Nobre by knockout (punches) Rd 1
- Francisco Drinaldo def. Charles Maicon by knockout (punches) Rd 1 (:14)
- Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira def. Gustavo “Labareda” Sampaio by submission (guillotine choke) Rd 2
- Daniel Sarafian def. Richardson Moreira by decision
- Sergio Moraes def. Thiago Rela by submission (heel hook) Rd 1
- Thiago “Bodao” de Oliveira Perpetuo def. Joao Paulo “Tuba” de Souza by decision Rd 2
- Delson Heleno def. Gilberto Galvao by unanimous decision Rd 2
- Renee Forte def. Fabio Luiz “Bolinho” Vital da Costa by decision Rd 2
- Leonardo “Macarrao” Mafra Teixeira def. Samuel Trindade by unanimous decision Rd 3
Final fight to get into the house. Macarrao lands the first punches and a leg kick. Trindade fights back but gets dropped with a punch. Ref lets him up. Leg kick from Trindade and leg kick from Macarrao. Trindade gets the takedown and Macarrao gets back up quickly. Leg kick from Macarrao and Trindade goes for a single leg. Round two: Leg kick from Trindade and Macarrao counters with punches. Big right from Trindade but Macarrao eats it. Another exchange and Trindade knocks Maccarao’s mouthguard out. Trindade shoots, stuffed, and they exchange several bombs. Trindade shoots again, stuffed. Macarrao gets a body lock from behind. Trindade escapes the clinch and they trade some hard hard punches, you can hear each one landing loudly. Trindade gets a takedown at the end of the round and both coaches and Dana give a standing ovation. Round three: They trade punches and Trindade loses his mouthguard. Ref gives it back and they go back to boxing. Trindade shoots, stuffed. Knee to the body from Macarrao. He shoots for a single, takes a couple hammerfists to the side of the head. He gets up an eats some big punches from Macarrao. Trindade’s hands are hanging down, he is barely able to stand. Both guys are tired but Trindade looks like a zombie. Macarrao loses his mouthpiece but also knocks Trindade’s mouthpiece out. Macarrao gets his mouthpiece back in but the ref has to yell at Trindade several times to put it in until the ref physically has to stick it in his mouth himself. LOL. They go back to exchanging and somehow Trindade manages a desperation takedown with 22 seconds left. He gets mount but Macarrao reverses. Trindade locks on a triangle as the bell sounds. Both coaches and Dana give a standing ovation but Macarrao is awarded the unanimous decision. One of the greatest wars you will ever see. This is the Brazilian version of the Griffin/Bonnar fight x 3. Wow!!!
After the fights Dana White met with the winners inside the Octagon. White was all smiles and extremely elated at what he had just witnessed. The coaches also say a few words and tell the fighters their level is very good and they are a great representation for Brazilian MMA. A new era has begun for the UFC — this is TUF Brazil.
We also get to see a preview of the season to come with guest appearances by some of the great Brazilian MMA superstars and all the drama you would expect.
- Leonardo “Macarrao” Mafra Teixeira
- Renee Forte
- Delson Heleno
- Thiago “Bodao” de Oliveira Perpetuo
- Sergio Moraes
- Daniel Sarafian
- Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira
- Francisco Dinaldo
- Marcos Vinicius Borges Pancini
- John “Macapa” Teixeira
- Anistavio Medeiros de Figueiredo
- Wagner “Galeto” Campos
- Rodrigo Damm
- Hugo “Wolverine” Viana
- Godofredo Pepey
- Rony Mariano Bezerra