The UFC has added a light heavyweight matchup between Fabio Maldonado and Kyle Kingsbury to the UFC on FUEL 3 event that’s set for May 15th, in Fairfax, VA. The event will be headlined by rising UFC featherweight contenders Dustin Poirier and Chan Sung Jung(The Korean Zombie).
Fabio Maldonado(18-4) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Kyle Kingsbury back in June 2011. Maldonado arguably deserved to win the fight as he dished out a tremendous amount of punishment to Kingsbury. He has 12 wins via TKO, and prior to the Kingsbury loss hadn’t tasted defeat since 2007.
Igor Pokrajac(25-7) is coming off a devastating first round KO of TUF alum Krysztof Soszynski back at UFC 140. Pokrajac has 14 wins via TKO and is (3-3) inside the UFC with three stoppages to his credit. Pokrajac was originally scheduled to face Thiago Silva, but Silva has been selected to replace Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the main event of the UFC on FUEL 2 event against Alexander Gustafsson.
The tentative UFC on FUEL 3 fight card is below:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Mike Easton vs. Yves Jabouin
- Jason MacDonald vs. Tom Lawlor
- Amir Sadollah vs. Jorge Lopez
- Jeff Curran vs. Johnny Eduardo
- Cody McKenzie vs. Aaron Riley
- Brad Tavares vs. Dongi Yang
- TJ Grant vs. Carlo Prater
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kamal Shalorus
- Alex Soto vs. Azamat Gashimov