The UFC had added two additional fights to the UFC on FUEL TV 1 event that will take place on February 15 in Omaha, Nebraska. Two newcomers will square off when Anton Kuivanen meets Justin Salas in a lightweight bout. Also, UFC newcomer Sean Loeffler will square off against Buddy Roberts in a middleweight bout.
Anton Kuivanen (16-4) has competed almost exclusively in Finland for a number of different promotions and this will mark his first fight in the United States. He has won nine fights in a row dating back to 2009, finishing six of those opponents via TKO or submission. He’ll be facing Justin Salas (9-3) comes from the Grudge Training Center in Colorado, the same training camp as TUF 10 finalist Brendan Schaub. Salas is riding a five fight winning streak dating back to 2009, with notable wins over Joe Ellenberger and UFC veteran Robert Emerson.
Sean “The Destroyer” Loeffler (25-5) will make his UFC debut after winning 12 of his last thirteen bouts, finishing his opponents in all 12 of those wins. The lone loss came against WEC veteran Bryan Baker via TKO at a Bellator event in 2010. He’ll be facing Buddy Roberts (11-2) who trains out of Greg Jackson’s camp in New Mexico, will make his UFC debut riding a five fight winning streak.
The tentative UFC on FUEL TV 1 fight card is below:
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Diego Sanchez(Main Event)
- Stefan Struve vs. Dave Herman
- Stepe Miocic vs. Phil De Fries
- Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Aaron Simpson vs. Ronny Markes
- Ivan Menjivar vs. John Albert
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Walel Watson
- Jonathan Brookins vs. Vagner Rocha
- Anton Kuivanen vs. Justin Salas
- Sean Loeffler vs. Buddy Roberts
- Yoislandy Izquierdo vs. Bernando Magalhaes