It’s time to put on our UFC matchmaker hat with UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem taking place this past weekend. I thought is was a very entertaining event with a somewhat anti-climatic main event, but at least it did end decisively. Let’s see who should fight who next:
- Obviously Alstair Overeem will face UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos later this year. It’s a shame that Brock Lesnar is retiring, but if he doesn’t want to do it anymore there’s no sense in wasting time in delaying the inevitable. I wonder how long it will be before we see him in a WWE ring?
- Nate Diaz made me look really good with me predicting a win for him. The win was a big one for Diaz as Cerrone was getting pretty close to a title shot with four straight wins. I’d like to see Diaz take on the winner of the Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon fight. I’d like to see Donald Cerrone take on Clay Guida.
- Johny Hendricks made me look really good with me predicting a win for him. The only thing is that the fight ended so fast we didn’t really get to see how good he really is. We knew he had knockout power and a heavily decorated amateur wrestling background, but we’d know a lot more if he had beaten up Jon Fitch for two rounds and then knocked him out. I’d like to see him take on the winner of Jake Ellenberger vs. Diego Sanchez. I’d like to see Fitch fight Rick Story.
- Alexander Gustafsson is looking really good lately and there’s no sense in rushing him up to the upper echelon of the light heavyweight division just yet. A fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira would be a very good test for him at this point as both are coming off wins.
- I was very impressed with Jimy Hettes in his dominant win over Nam Phan. I think a fight with Darren Elkins makes sense here.
What matchups do you want to see?