- Jon Jones will be fighting the winner of Rashad Evans/Phil Davis who’ll be fighting next month. More than likely it’ll be Evans, and we’ll finally get to see the long awaited grudge match. If Davis pulls this upset after overcoming the injury and long layoff he should definitely get the next shot at Jones as he’s the only other fighter than can somewhat matchup with him physically.
- I’m reading that a lot of people are impressed with Frank Mir after his win over Nogueira. I mean he won and the submission was sick, but let’s be serious for a second. He was getting outstruck at will by Nogueira and was basically out on his feet. It looks like he won’t have to fight Brock Lesnar on short notice since it looks like Alistair Overeem will be able to fight. I think Lesnar would crush Mir again, the same way he did the second time around. I think a fight with Cain Velasquez makes sense, but it appears that he has some knee issues so it’s hard to say when he’ll be back. If Velasquez isn’t available it’s hard to say who he should fight as he’s already beaten the likes of Cheick Kongo and Roy Nelson. Maybe a fight with up and comer Travis Browne, but that wouldn’t really help Mir get any closer to a title shot. However, a win for Browne could help get him over as a legit heavyweight contender. He needs all the help he can get after his last performance.
- I was very impressed with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira against Tito Ortiz. Granted, I think the performance was more to do with Tito being pretty much done as a fighter. However, Nogueira didn’t do badly against a hungry young lion in Phil Davis earlier this year. I think a fight against Alexander Gustafsson if he beats Vladimir Matyushenko at UFC 141 makes sense.
- It’s time for Brian Ebersole to take a step up in competition as he has won three fights in a row in the UFC. A fight with Dong Hyun Kim provided Kim gets by Sean Pierson at UFC 141 makes sense.
- Dana White has stated that he wants Chan Sung Jung to have a quick turnaround after his impressive win against Mark Hominick. The winner of Manny Gamburyan and Diego Nunes makes sense to me as that fight will take place at UFC 141. A potential bout against Nam Phan who will also be fighting at UFC 141 would be fun as well.
How’d I do?