TORONTO – The UFC 140 fighter weigh-ins took place Friday afternoon at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the same location that will host Saturday’s Pay-Per-View card featuring UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones taking on former champion Lyoto Machida in a five-round championship main event.
The champion weighed in at the light heavyweight title fight limit of exactly 205 pounds, while the challenger, Machida, weighed in a pound under, at 204 pounds.
Only 36-year-old veteran Dennis Hallman failed to make weight. At 158.5 pounds, he was 2 1/2 pounds over the lightweight non-title fight limit of 156 pounds. He was given extra time to try and drop the additional weight but was unable to do so, and as a result was fined 20 percent of his purse.
The complete UFC 140 weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Champ Jon Jones (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (204)
- Frank Mir (260) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (239)
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (204.5) vs. Tito Ortiz (206)
- Brian Ebersole (170.5) vs. Claude Patrick (171)
- Mark Hominick (145) vs. Chan Sung Jung (145.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ION Television)
- Igor Pokrajac (205) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (206)
- Jared Hamman (185) vs. Constantinos Philippou (185)
- Dennis Hallman (158.5)* vs. John Makdessi (155.5)
- Yves Jabouin (136) vs. Walel Watson (135.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Mark Bocek (156) vs. Nik Lentz (156)
- Rich Attonito (170.5) vs. Jake Hecht (170.5)
- John Cholish (156) vs. Mitch Clarke (154.5)
* – Hallman was given extra time to try and drop the extra weight but was unable to do so. He has been fined 20 percent of his purse.
See more ProMMAnow.com exclusive UFC 140 coverage.