SAN JOSE, Calif. – Friday’s official “UFC 139: Shogun vs. Henderson” fighter weigh-ins took place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., the same location that will host Saturday’s Pay-Per-View fight card. headlined by Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Dan Henderson in a light heavyweight match-up.
A video archive of the UFC 139 weigh-ins will be available in ProMMAnow.com’s UFC Room Friday evening.
All fighters did not make weight and their appeared to be a calibration issue with the scale during the preliminary card weigh-ins. Shamar Bailey came in 2 pounds over the lightweight non-title fight limit. Also, Nick Pace came in a whopping 5 pounds over the bantamweight limit, and his opponent, Miguel Torres, came in 1 pound over.
It was announced that Pace would surrender 20% of his purse. With Torres only 1 pound over, he could likely shed that extra weight during the post-weigh-in grace period to avoid penalty.
The full UFC 139 weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Dan Henderson (203) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (205)
- Cung Le (185) vs. Wanderlei Silva (185)
- Brian Bowles (136) vs. Urijah Faber (136)
- Martin Kampmann (170.5) vs. Rick Story (170.5)
- Stephan Bonnar ()205 vs. Kyle Kingsbury (205)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Jason Brilz (204)
- Michael McDonald (136) vs. Alex Soto (135)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Tom Lawlor (185) vs. Chris Weidman (185.5)
- Rafael dos Anjos (155.5) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
- Nick Pace (141*) vs. Miguel Torres (137**)
- Seth Baczynski (171) vs. Matt Brown (171)
- Shamar Bailey (158) vs. Danny Castillo (155)
Always entertaining, ”Filthy” Tom Lawlor walked out dressed as Steven Seagal, wearing yellow sunglasses and dressed in black.
Hendo pointed out that this would be his first time fighting in his home state of California.
See more of ProMMAnow.com’s exclusive UFC 139 coverage.