BIRMINGHAM, England – The “UFC 138: Leben vs. Muñoz” fighter weigh-ins took place Friday at Community Hall inside the National Indoor Arena (NIA) in Birmingham, England. Middleweight headliners Chris Leben and Mark Munoz both tipped the scales at the non-title fight weight limit of 186 pounds.
Leben and Munoz will compete in the UFC’s first-ever five round non-title fight main event.
Only American Top Team welterweight Thiago Alves failed to make weight on his initial attempt, coming in at 172 pounds. However, he shed the one extra pound within the additional time limit given and ultimately weighed in at the non-title limite of 171 pounds.
Saturday’s fight card will take place at Birmingham’s LG Arena and will broadcast in the U.S. via tape delay on Spike TV at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The UFC 138 preliminary card will stream LIVE on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ufc) starting at 1:40 p.m. ET (10:40 p.m. PT).
The official UFC 138 weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV)
- Chris Leben (186) vs. Mark Munoz (186)
- Renan Barao (136) vs. Brad Pickett (134)
- Papy Abedi (170) vs. Thiago Alves (171)*
- Cyrille Diabate (206) vs. Anthony Perosh (205)
- Terry Etim (156) vs. Edward Faaloloto (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Justin Edwards (170) vs. John Maguire (170)
- Rob Broughton (258) vs. Philip De Fries (243)
- Michihiro Omigawa (145) vs. Jason Young (145)
- Chris Cope (170) vs. Che Mills (169)
- Chris Cariaso (135) vs. Vaughan Lee (135)
UFC 138 weigh-in video (complete)
See more ProMMAnow.com exclusive UFC 138 coverage.