LAS VEGAS – ProMMAnow.com(www.prommanow.com) is on hand at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas this afternoon for the “UFC 137: Penn vs. Diaz” fighter weigh-ins which kick off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT).
We will have LIVE real-time results of each fighter’s weight as they step on the scale as well as a complete photo gallery that will be uploaded shortly afterward. UFC fans can watch the weigh-ins LIVE (or catch the archive later) in ProMMAnow.com’s UFC Room.
Weighing in today and competing in the UFC 137 main event on Saturday is former two-division UFC champ B.J. Penn, who will be taking on former Strikeforce welterweight champ Nick Diaz. Matt Mitrione faces Cheick Kongo in the co-main event.
UPDATE (5:07 p.m. PT): Tyson Griffin originally weighed in for his featherweight bout with Bart Palaszewski at 149 lbs. He was given one hour to lose the three extra pounds. He lost one. The bout will now be contested and 148 lbs. and Griffin will be docked 25% of his purse. The NSAC will announce later if that money will go to Palaszewski. – Also, a video of the heated Penn-Diaz face-off has been added below.
The UFC 137 weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Nick Diaz (170) vs. B.J. Penn (169)
- Cheick Kongo (234) vs. Matt Mitrione (255)
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (235) vs. Roy Nelson (252)
- Jeff Curran (134) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135)
- Hatsu Hioki (145) vs. George Roop (145)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Donald Cerrone (156) vs. Dennis Siver (155)
- Tyson Griffin (148) vs. Bart Palaszewski (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Eliot Marshall (204) vs. Brandon Vera (205)
- Danny Downes (155) vs. Ramsey Nijem (155)
- Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Francis Carmont (185)
- Dustin Jacoby (185) vs. Clifford Starks (186)