Hard Rock MMA 40 took place at the Paroquet Springs Conference Center in Shepherdsville, Ky., Saturday night to a capacity crowd.
Two amateur titles were on the line as well as two professional bouts to go along with 16 other fights. The Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Authority was on hand to oversee the action with UFC veterean Gary Copeland taking charge as the referee in the cage.
The standout performance had to go to BadDog MMA. With eight fighters on the card the team went 6-2 with Josh Blanchard advancing to 3-0 in the professional ranks. This fight team brought a crowd that rivals any group of fans I have seen.
As a group the Fairdale based gym was very impressive and removed any doubt of their staying power on the Kentucky Mixed Martial Arts scene.
Hard Rock MMA proved why they have staying power as the 40th show for the company went off with much success. A very balanced and well matched fight card as well as the cooperation with some of the best gyms in the state left the fans feeling that the show was well worth the price of admission.
Hard Rock MMA returns to the National Guard Armory in Elizabethtown, KY on October 1st. For ticket information and fight card updates be sure to check out www.hardrockfight.com.
Here are the official results from Saturday night’s action:
- Trent Murphy def. Tony Watkins via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 0:46 in Round 1
- Montez Jordan def. Brandon Cothern via TKO/RSC (strikes) at 2:54 in round 1
- Wes Compton def. Billy Smith via Submission (Guillotine) at 1:55 in round 1
- Tony Bryant defeats Mark Coleman 1:28 Round 1 via TKO
- Justin Cook defeats Brian Gates, 2:56 Round 2 via Kimora
- Brandon Hurst defeats Antonio Rodriguez, 00:59 Round 1 via Arm Triangle
- Brandon Martin defeats Justin Collett, 2:52 Round 1 via Side Choke
- Terry Coulter defeats Derik Otterson 00:57, Round 1- Tap due to strikes.
- Martin McShane defeats Michael Gay, 2:51 Round 2 Tap to strikes
- Cody Martin defeats Mike Hardin via Unanimous Decision
- Dusty Stengel defeats Josh Reid 00:49 Round 1 via heel hook
- Ricky Jones Jr defeats Chris Hansford, 2:09 Round 1 tap to strikes
- AJ Sherrard defeats Andre Rodriguez 2:25 Round 1 via Armbar
- Deon Spalding defeats Brad Hutcheison , 1:25 Round 2 via KO
- George Skaer defeats Brian Kerr 2:47 Round 1, DQ for head kick to downed opponent
- Brandon Bishop defeats JR Hines, 3:08 Round 1 Tap to strikes
- Isaiah Ferguson defeats Jeremy Philpot 1:18 Round 1 to Arm Triangle
- (170 Title) Michael Seals defeats Andy Burgess 1:48 Round 2 via Rear Naked Choke
- Josh Blanchard defeats Chad Deener 2:12 Round 1 via KO
- (Super Heavy Title) John Hernholm defeats Chris Boyd, 00:54 Round 3 TKO