The British Association of Mixed Martial Arts has confirmed the addition of eight new bouts for BAMMA 7, which is scheduled to take place Saturday, Sept. 10, at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England.
Among those bouts added to the card is a lightweight match-up between 29-year-old UFC veteran Andre Winner (11-6-1) of Leicester, England, and returning 27-year-old BAMMA fighter Jason Ball (18-9) of Yorkshire.
Fight fans will remember Winner as part of Team Bisping on The Ultimate Fighter season nine. He made it to the finals where he lost to teammate Ross Pearson via unanimous decision.
Winner went on to fight five more times inside the UFC Octagon where he amassed a 2-4 record, most recently losing a unanimous decision to Anthony Njokuani in July. The Team Rough Hose fighter has since signed a multi-fight deal with BAMMA.
Ball, of Manvers Fight Factory, has been fighting professionally since 2005 and has spent most of his career competing in England. Before dropping to lightweight he was the Ultimate Force welterweight champion, and is the current lightweight champion for the Florida-based Real Fighting Championships.
Ball is 1-1 inside the BAMMA cage, most recently losing a unanimous decision to the promotion’s no. 1 contender at 155-pounds, Leonardo Santos, at BAMMA 6 in May.
Other bouts added to the BAMMA 7 card include kickboxing champion Pindi Madahar of Coventry making his pro MMA debut against Danny Compton of Portsmouth. Midland’s Eugene Fadiora will face Ireland’s Robert Devanne, Tim Newman will take on Shan Omer, former Royal Marine Dale Hardiman will take on Scott Jansen and Lee Taylor will fake on Birmingham’s Tom Breese. Also, Richard Walker takes on Shah Hussein and Fraser Opie will face Robert Krecicki.
Here is the BAMMA 7 fight card as it currently stands:
- Middleweight bout: Jim Wallhead vs. Frank Trigg
- Lightweight Championship bout: Rob Sinclair vs. Leonardo Santos
- British Middleweight Championship bout: Jack Marshman vs. Carl Noon
- Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Tim Radcliffe
- Middleweight bout: Matt Ewin vs. Valentino Petrescu
- Lightweight bout: Jason Ball vs. Andre Winner
- Lightweight bout: Pindi Madahar vs. Danny Compton
- Welterweight bout: Eugene Fadiora vs. Robert Devanne
- Lightweight bout: Tim Newman vs. Shan Omer
- Lightweight bout: Dale Hardiman vs. Scott Jansen
- Welterweight bout: Lee Taylor vs. Tom Breese
- Welterweight bout: Richard Walker vs. Shah Hussein
- Light Heavyweight bout: Fraser Opie vs. Robert Krecick
BAMMA 7 will air LIVE on Saturday, Sept. 10, on Syfy (UK) at 9 p.m. GMT, The Fight Network (Canada) and worldwide at www.bamma.tv at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT).