Powell has been pulled from the show after violating his bout agreement by taking an unauthorized fight in North Dakota on April 23.
Powell ended up getting TKO’d in the fight and the Kansas Athletic Commission has since elected to overturn its previous decision to approve his fight with Pulver.
Stepping in for Powell will be Strikeforce and Bellator veteran Brian “Mr. D” Davidson (6-3) of Lee’s Summit, Mo. Davidson is coming off a 54-second knockout of Shane Hutchison at Bellator 32 in October 2010.
Incidentally, Davidson retired after his win over Hutchison, but when presented with the opportunity to face a legend of the sport on HDNet, it was not something he could pass up.
Following a string of losses from 2008-2010, Pulver joined Team Curran MMA in Crystal Lake, Ill., and has started to turn things around.
For the first time since 2006 Pulver has put together back-to-back wins, scoring a first round submission over Mike Lindquist at XFO 38 in January, and then winning a split decision over Wade Choate in March.
Tickets for “HDNet Presents: Titan Fighting Championship 18: Pulver vs. Davidson” are currently on-sale at Ticketmaster.com, all local Ticketmaster outlets, as well as the Memorial Hall box office.
The current card for Titan Fighting Championship 18 is as follows:
- Jens “’Lil Evil” Pulver (24-14-1) vs. Brian “Mr. D” Davidson (6-3) at 140 lbs.
- Drew “The Massacre” McFedries vs. (9-6) Darryl Cobb (6-2) at 185 lbs.
- Rory Markham (16-6) vs. Rudy “Bad News” Bears (12-7) at 170 lbs.
- Joe “The Nose” Wilk (11-5) vs. Jesse Zeugin (5-1) at 145 lbs.
- John Ott (8-8) vs. Mike Glynn (5-5) at 185 lbs.
- “Super Duper” Bobby Cooper (5-3) vs. Nick Budig (5-1) at 155 lbs.
- Sean “P-Town” Wilson (27-15) vs. Deryck Ripley (11-19) at 155 lbs.