MOSCOW, RUSSIA – M-1 Challenge 23 took place Saturday, March 5, at Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia and out of the 11 fights on the card, not one of them went the distance. In fact, none of them went past the first round.
In the night’s main event, Rashid Magomedov defeated Rafal Moks via TKO (referee stoppage) at 2:05 of the first round.
Also, in the night’s two title fights, heavyweight champ Guram Gugenishvili successfully defended his title by defeating Maxim Grishin via rear-naked choke submission in the first round, and welterweight champion Shamil Zavurov hung on to his title with a second round knockout of Tom Gallicchio.
Here are the complete results for M-1 Challenge 23:
- Nikolai Kaushansky def. Vusal Bayramov – RNC 1:31 of Round 1
- Magomed Ismailov def. Maxim Bulakhtin – RNC :48 of Round 2
- Tomasz Narkun def. Shamil Tinagadjiev – Triangle Choke 3:32 of Round 1
- Igor Savelyev def. Byron Byrd – Head & Arm Choke 2:16 of Round 2
- Arsen Abdulkerimov def. Goncalo Salgado – Arm Bar 2:42 of Round 1
- Daniel Weichel def. Magomedrasul Khasbulaev – Triangle 3:26 of Round 1
- Magomed Sultanakhmedov def. Plinio Cruz – TKO (referee stoppage) 1:13 of Round 2
- Mairbek Taisumov def. Yuri Ivlev- TKO (referee stoppage) 1:38 of Round 2
- Rashid Magomedov def. Rafal Moks – TKO (referee stoppage) 2:05 of Round 1
- (HW Title) Guram Gugenishvili def. Maxim Grishin – RNC 3:38 of Round 1
- (MW Title) Shamil Zavurov def. Tom Gallicchio – TKO (referee stoppage) 1:11 of Round 2
M-1 Global returns to action on Friday, March 25, in the U.S. for M-1 Challenge 24: Damkovsky vs. Figueroa from the Constant Center in Norfolk, Virginia.