SYDNEY, Australia — “UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch” fighter weigh-ins take place this evening at Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia. We will provide updates of the weigh-in results during the LIVE broadcast which fans can watch in ProMMAnow.com’s UFC ROOM at 10 p.m. ET.
Saturday’s UFC 127 main event features former UFC welterweight and lightweight champion B.J. Penn taking on top 170-pound contender Jon Fitch. And the UFC 127 co-main event features England’s Michael “The Count” Bisping taking on hard-hitting veteran Jorge “El Conquistador” Rivera in a middleweight showdown.
UPDATE: Bisping and Rivera came very close to exchanging punches during the face off. It was one of the most heated face-offs in recent memory. Bisping pointed and yelled at Rivera and his boxing coach (the one from the videos), and both sides had to be held back. Stay tuned for photos.
One more interesting note about the weigh-ins. Penn weighed in wearing jeans and his socks, and was still almost three pounds under the welterweight limit. He and Fitch shook hands before they faced off, Penn did press his head against Fitch for a moment and Dana separated them as can be seen in the photo above.
UFC 127 weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (Televised on Pay-Per-View 10 p.m. ET)
- B.J. Penn (76 kilos / 167.2 lbs.) vs. Jon Fitch (77.2 kilos / 169.84 lbs.)
- Michael Bisping (84.2 kilos / 185.24 lbs.) vs. Jorge Rivera (84 kilos / 184.8 lbs.)
- George Sotiropoulos (70.8 kilos / 155.76 lbs.) vs. Dennis Siver (70.2 kilos / 155.44 lbs.)
- Chris Lytle (77.2 kilos / 169.84 lbs.) vs. Brian Ebersole (77.2 kilos / 169.84 lbs.)
- Kyle Noke (83.6 kilos / 183.92 lbs.) vs. Chris Camozzi (84.2 kilos / 185.24 lbs.)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Televised on ION 9 p.m. ET)
- Ross Pearson (70.6 kilos / 155.32 lbs.) vs. Spencer Fisher (70.2 kilos / 154.44 lbs.)
- Alexander Gustafsson (93.2 kilos / 205.04 lbs.) vs. James Te Huna (93 kilos / 204.6 lbs.)
- Nick Ring (84 kilos / 184.8 lbs.) vs. Riki Fukuda (84 kilos / 184.8 lbs.)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Televised on Facebook 8 p.m. ET)
- Anthony Perosh (93 kilos / 204.6 lbs.) vs. Tom Blackledge (93.2 kilos / 205.04 lbs.)
- Tie Quan Zhang (66.2 kilos / 145.64 lbs.) vs. Jason Reinhardt (66 kilos / 145.2 lbs.)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Not Televised)
- Mark Hunt (119.2 kilos) vs. Chris Tuchscherer (118.6 kilos / 260.92 lbs.)
- Curt Warburton (70.8 kilos / 155.76 lbs.) vs. Maciej Jewtuszko (70.2 kilos / 154.44 lbs.)