TOKYO — World Victory Road closed out the year in Japan on Dec. 30 with “Sengoku: Soul of Fight“, a mega-event that will air via tape delay here in the U.S. on HDNet in two parts. Part 1 will air Friday, Jan. 14 and part 2 will air on the next Friday, Jan. 21.
Headlining the card was a Sengoku Featherweight Title bout between champion Marlon Sandro and Hatsu Hioki. Sandro’s reign as champion was short-lived as Hioki took his crown via a five round unanimous decision.
Hioki threatened with some tight submission attempts but in the end Sandro survived. Sandro loses his title and Hioki improves his record to 23-4-2.
In the Sengoku welterweight grand prix final, Keita Nakamura defeated Yasubey Enomoto via rear-naked choke submission in the second round. “K-Taro” improves his record to 21-4-2 and his winning streak to four.
In the semifinals of the Sengoku Asian bantamweight grand prix, Akitoshi Tamura advances after Taiyo Nakahara was disqualified for landing illegal low blows and Shunichi Shimizu advances after defeating Manabu Inoue by unanimous decision.
In other notable bouts, Megumi Fujii bounces back from her first loss with a unanimous decision over Emi Fujino and heavyweight standout Dave Herman defeated Yoshihiro “Kiss” Nakao via unanimous decision. Fuji improves her record to 23-1 and Herman improves to 20-2.
“SRC: Soul of Fight” results:
- Sotaro Yamada def. Yi Sak Kim by TKO (Punches) Rd. 1 (1:40)
- Kiyotaka Shimizu def. Ichiro Sugita by Decision (Split) Rd. 1 (5:00)
- Yukio Sakaguchi def. Jin Suk Jung by Decision (Unanimous) Rd. 1 (5:00)
- Misaki Takimoto def. Amy Davis by Decision (Split) Rd. 2 (5:00)
- Rin Nakai def. Mika Harigai by Submission (Keylock) RD. 1 (2:09)
- Shunichi Shimizu def. Manabu Inoue by Decision (Unanimous) Rd. 2 (5:00)
- Taiyo Nakahara def. Akitoshi Tamura by DQ (Low Blows) Rd. 1 (2:07)
- Dave Herman def. Yoshihiro Nakao by Decision (Unanimous) Rd. 3 (5:00)
- Mamed Khalidov def. Yuki Sasaki by TKO (Punches) Rd. 1 (2:22)
- Jadamba Narantungalag def. Kazunori Yokota by KO (Punch) Rd. 1 (2:03)
- Keita Nakamura def. Yasubey Enomoto by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Rd. 2 (3:48)
- Maximo Blanco def. Won Sik Park by Decision (Unanimous) Rd. 3 (5:00)
- Taisuke Okuno def. Ryo Chonan by KO (Punch) Rd. 1 (0:19)
- Yoshiro Maeda def. Masanori Kanehara by TKO (Punches)Rd. 1 (1:27)
- Megumi Fujii def. Emi Fujino by Decision (Unanimous) Rd. 3 (5:00)
- Kazuo Misaki def. Mike Seal by TKO (Punches) Rd. 1 (1:15)
- Hatsu Hioki def. Marlon Sandro by Decision (Unanimous)Rd. 5 (5:00)