HONOLULU, HI. – “X-1: Nations Collide” took place on Friday, June 4, at Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu, Hawaii. The main event featured an X-1 World Welterweight Championship bout between Hawaiian favorite Brandon Wolff (7-5) and Dylan Clay (8-2).
Clay, a native of Puerto Rico, locked a kimura on Wolff in the third round causing the UFC vet to tap out with less than a minute left in the round. Dylan Clay is the new X-1 Welterweight Champion.
The card also featured the first round of an X-1 light heavyweight tournament that will ultimately determine the 205 lb. champion. The fighters who won their bouts and will advance to the semi-finals include: Vitalius Shemetov, Roy Boughton, Poai Suganama, and Sang Soo Lee.
One of the most anticipated fights of the night featured 2008 Olympic gold medalist Satoshi Ishii (1-1) taking on Hawaiian heavyweight Myles Tynanes (3-1-1).
In a rather bizarre occurrence near the end of round one, Ishii knocked Tynanes to the ground but continued punching him well after the bell sounded and the referee had tried stopping him. Ultimately, he was disqualified and the victory was awarded to Tynanes.
“X-1: Nations Collide” results:
- Van Shiroma def. Dwayne Haney by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Rd 1, 1:40
- Brensen Hansen def. Waylen Cerenio by Decision (Unanimous) Rd 3, 3:00
- Myles Tynanes def. Satoshi Ishii by DQ (Ishii Continued Punching After Bell) Rd 1, 3:00
- Alex Steverson def. David Paaluhi by TKO (Punches) Rd 1, 2:07
- Timothy Meeks def. Jesse Thorton by Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rd 2, 0:30
- Raquel Pa’aluhi def. Jenny Trujillo by Decision (Unanimous) Rd 3, 5:00
- Ricky Wallace def. Toru Harai by KO (Punch) Rd 1, 1:11
- Dustin Kimura def. Spencer Higa by Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rd 2, 0:57
- Alvin Cacdac def. Justin Mercado by TKO (Punches) Rd 2, 1:03
- Russell Doane def. Riley Dutro by TKO (Punches and Elbows) Rd 1, 4:33
- Vitalius Shemetov def. Shungo Oyama by KO (Punches) Rd 1, 1:31
- Roy Boughton def. Adam Akau by Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rd 1, 2:57
- Po’ai Suganuma def. Greg Schmitt by Decision (Unanimous) Rd 3, 5:00
- Sang Soo Lee def. Daniel Madrid by KO (Punches) Rd 2, 3:06
- Dylan Clay def. Brandon Wolff by Submission (Kimura) Rd 3, 4:06