AMSTERDAM, Holland (March 24, 2010) – “M-1 Selection” is changing the sport of professional Mixed Martial Arts by giving new and upcoming fighters an opportunity to gain global recognition by competing in M-1 events held all over the world.
The opening round of “The M-1 Selection, Americas,” featuring 11 entertaining fights, will be held Saturday, April 3 at Bally’s Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
It kicks-off the American edition of a global MMA tournament, unrivaled in size and scope, showcasing 160 of the most promising fighters from all around the world competing in five weight classes.
The “M1 Selection Americas” match-ups include the following fights:
- Dennis Bremidez (2-0-0), Philadelphia, PA. vs. Don Carlo-Clauss (6-3-0), Rochester, NY
- George “Lights Out” Sheppard (6-2-0), Newport News, VA vs. Mervin Rodriguez (3-4-0), Amsterdam, NJ
- Pat “Awesomely Awesome” Audinwood (8-0-1), Cortland, NY vs. Robert Connor (7-2-0), Martinsburg, WV
- Brian DeMuro (2-6-0), Blackwood, NJ vs. Mike Winters (1-0-0), Webster, NY
- Ryan Quinn (2-1-0), Danbury, CT vs. Colin Schrader (2-0-0), Cortland, NY
- Vagner “Curio” Fernandes (0-1-0), Newark, NJ vs. Tom Moreau (1-0-0), Derry, NH
- Todd “The Hulk” Chatelle (4-3-0), Pawtucket, RI vs. Mike Geurin (6-1-0), Dallas, PA
- Plinio Cruz (2-2-0), Newark, NJ vs. John “The Iron Bull” Doyle (8-11-0), Allentown, PA.
Three non-tournament super fights are also on tap!!!
The super fights feature a lightweight match between undefeated Brazilian Jui-Jitsu specialist: Renato Migliaccio (6-0-0), fighting out of Greenwich (CT) by way of Brazil, against New York’s John Salgado (3-2-1).
Philadelphia’s highly-regarded flyweight Sedico Honorio (5-1-0) takes on Nebraska veteran Josh Rave (18-6-0), While Kuwait featherweight Rami “Arabian Nightmare” Ibrahim, now based in Philadelphia, makes his long-awaited pro debut against New Jersey’s Lennox Chance. All fights and fighters are subject to change.
About M-1 Selection:
The “M-1 Selection” is a knockout competition. Fighters are eliminated after only one loss while two victories earn fighters a trip to the championship to earn a shot at a coveted “M-1 Selection” title.
The “M-1 Selection” tournament is broken down into four global regions: Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia and the Americas. Each of the four regions will host three rounds and a final of the ““M-1 Selection” tournament. The winning fighter in each weight class will join the team to represent his region in the 2010 M-1 Challenge.
The “M-1 Selection Americas” event will showcase elimination fights in the lightweight, welterweight, and middleweight categories. Winners advance to the Americas second knockout round.
The tournament will feature some of the best up-and-coming fighters from each region as they begin the journey towards a tournament victory.
An Americas light heavyweight and heavyweight round is also scheduled for this spring and will take place to determine the semi-finalists for the region.
How to see the fights !!!
Free broadcast coverage of the entire 2010 M-1 Selection tournament will be available live to viewers worldwide on www.Sherdog.com.
Tickets, priced at $55.00-$95.00, are available to purchase through www.TicketMaster.com
Doors open at 6.30 pm, first fight at 7:00 PM/ET.
Go to www.M-1Global.com for additional information.