Today, Feb. 15, 2010, is President’s Day, also known as Washington’s Birthday. The holiday is celebrated on the third Monday of February each year. Why they call it Washington’s Birthday is a bit confusing since, ol’ Georgie was born on Feb. 22, and the third Monday in February NEVER falls on that day, but anyway… enough with the history lessons. Let’s get on to more important stuff, like what UFC fighters have been up to.
As you know “UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez” is taking place this weekend in Sydney, Australia. And while a whole heap of the UFC talent is “down under” Mike “Quick” Swick is “over yonder” in Korea. What’s he doing there? Apparently, he’s in the snow eating squid and beef jerky on his way to Thailand.
He tells us via @officialswick
- (2:15 AM on Feb. 14th) All packed and ready for Thailand, finally… Now off to get 4 hours of sleep before the 22 hour journey.
- (about 6 hours ago) http://twitpic.com/13dnup – In Korea! Its snowing here & I’m dressed like Bear Grylls. Glad I brought my jerky because…
- (about 6 hours ago) http://twitpic.com/13dpli – …I was having a hard time debating which flavor of dried squid I wanted.
Now, Ryan “Darth” Bader is one of the fighters competing this weekend at UFC 110. He’ll be fighting a little cat by the name of Keith Jardine; maybe you’ve heard of him? Bader had the pleasure of being stuck on a 14-hour plane ride to Sydney. You can watch Bader and fellow UFC fighter CB Dollaway trying to make the most of their trip in their new video blog.
He tweets via @ryanbader
- (11:00 AM on Feb. 11th) Headed to Australia today. Phone won’t work so talk to yall when I get back march 3rd. Later guys #fb
- (9:05 PM on Feb. 13th) Here in Sydney, Australia. Made it safely, got a good workout today and now just hanging out. Its been raining since we got here. #fb
- (about 7 hours ago) Check out the blog down to Sydney…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32frg4J5zk
Phil Baroni is very active on the Twitter, and keeps his fans updated regularly. Lately Phil has been working out, walking the dog, going out with wife for Valentine’s Day, and philosophizing. Just as long as he’s not making any more of those infamous Phil Baroni workout videos, it’s all good. Oh yeah, “The New York Badass” has a birthday coming up too. Happy b-day Phil!
Words to live by via @philbaroni
- (about 12 hours ago) It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste. im not wasteing anymore time
- (about 1 hour ago) I cant believe im going 2 be 34 Next time i step in the ring. Time really flys. I use 2 think 34 was really old when i got in the game.
- (41 minutes ago) girls will do alot more for alot less. even a bad economy has its perks