The weigh-ins for “UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun” took place Friday, Oct. 23, 2009, at the L.A. Live Event Deck in preparation for tomorrow’s event at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif. and was streamed LIVE on PROMMA.INFO.
Three fighters did not make weight. Anthony Johnson weighed in at 176 lbs., a whopping five pounds over the 171 lbs. welterweight (non-title fight) limit, while his opponent Yoshiyuki Yoshida was right on the mark at 170 lbs. Yoshida agreed to fight Johnson at his current weight.
Gleison Tibau was one pound over his 156 lbs. lightweight (non-title fight) limit and his opponent Josh Neer was a half-pound over. Since both fighters were over the limit, they agreed to fight at their respective weights.
UFC 104 weigh-in results:
UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
- Lyoto Machida 202.5 lbs. vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua 204.5 lbs.
- Ben Rothwell 265 lbs. vs. Cain Velasquez 238 lbs.
- Spencer Fisher 155 lbs. vs. Joe Stevenson 155.5 lbs.
- Anthony Johnson 176 lbs.*** vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida 170 lbs.
- Josh Neer 156.5 lbs.** vs. Gleison Tibau 157 lbs.*
Preliminary Card (Spike TV)
- Ryan Bader 205 lbs. vs. Eric Schafer 205.5 lbs.
- Patrick Barry 237 lbs. vs. Antoni Hardonk 249.5 lbs.
- Yushin Okami 185 lbs. vs. Chael Sonnen 185 lbs.
- Jorge Rivera 185 lbs. vs. Rob Kimmons 185 lbs.
- Kyle Kingsbury 205.5 lbs. vs. Razak Al-Hassan 204.5 lbs.
- Chase Gormley 262 lbs. vs. Stefan Struve 243.5 lbs.