“M-1 Global: Breakthrough” is scheduled to air live on HDNet on Fri., Aug. 28. The event will be headlined with a heavyweight bout between Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal and MMA legend Mark Kerr. There will also be a special feature sparring exhibition between Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi.
The following fights will be on the HDNet televised portion of the card beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET:
- Muhammad Lawal (4-0) vs. Mark Kerr (15-10)
- Nick Thompson (38-11-1) vs. Karl Amoussou (10-2-1)
- Fedor Emelianenko vs. Gegard Mousasi (sparring exhibition)
- Lucio Linhares (12-4) vs. Mikhail Zayats (8-3)
- Jesse Gibbs (7-2) vs. Rob Broughton (10-4-1)
- Lloyd “Kadillac” Marshbanks (17-8) vs. Michael Kita (5-3)
- Daisuke Nakamura (19-10) vs. Ferrid Kheder (14-3)
The event was originally set to take place in Los Angeles, Calif. but will now be held at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Mo. Another MMA legend, Don Frye, had been slated to face King Mo in the main event. However, Frye pulled out for undisclosed reasons, and was replaced by “The Smashing Machine.”
Stay tuned to PRO MMA (promma.info) for preliminary bout announcements.
Props - MMA Fanhouse