The weigh-ins for “UFC 101: Declaration” took place Fri., Aug. 7, 2009 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, Pa.
PRO MMA (promma.info) provided access to a live feed of the weigh-ins and will be providing a live feed to the post-fight press conference Saturday night as well. Dana White was present at the weigh-ins sporting a Philadelphia Phillies jersey.
Here are the weigh-in results:
- Danillo Villefort 170.25 lbs. vs. Jesse Lennox 171 lbs.
- George Sotiropoulos 155 lbs. vs. George Roop 154 lbs.
- Matthew Riddle 170 lbs. vs. Dan Cramer 169.5 lbs.
- Alessio Sakara 185.5 lbs. vs. Thales Leites 185 lbs.
- John Howard 169.5 lbs. vs. Tandam McCrory 170 lbs.
- Aaron Riley 154 lbs. vs. Shane Nelson 156 lbs.
- Johny Hendricks 171 lbs. vs. Amir Sadollah 166.5 lbs.
- Kurt Pellegrino 154.5 lbs. vs. Josh Neer 155.5 lbs.
- Ricardo Almeida 185 lbs. vs. Kendall Grove 185.5 lbs.
- Anderson Silva 205 lbs. vs. Forrest Griffin 205 lbs.
- Kenny Florian 155 lbs. vs. B.J. Penn 155 lbs.
Weigh-in highlights after the jump…
Riddle looked nuts with wild hair and dark sunglasses. Leites was booed. John Howard may have had the best haircut ever – very detailed flames.
Rogan said they always catch Logan Stanton peeking at the unclothed fighters weighing in.
Amir Sadollah got a nice pop. He came in VERY light at 166.5 lbs.
Pellegrino wore his Batman boxers.
The new Octagon girl Natasha was there. If you haven’t heard ring girl Edith Labelle is no longer with the UFC.
Forrest looked good – very energetic and was ripped…eight-pack in full effect.
“Goddam I’m pumped for that fight!” -Joe Rogan during the Silva vs. Griffin stare down.
Silva got right in Forrest’s face…very intense stare down.
Very intense stare down with B.J. and Kenny…they kept it professional though. Kenny said, “This is my dream.”
B.J. got a lot of boos during his post-weigh-in interview. B.J. said, “I’m going to do my best, that’s it, I’m going to do my best.”