According to Brazilian MMA news site Tatame, Pedro Rizzo will face Jeff Monson at “Bitetti Combat 4″ on Sat., Sept. 12, 2009. The event will take place at Maracanãzinho, in Rio de Janeiro, and will air live at Rede TV.
Monson lost to Rizzo via third round TKO at their first match up back in Sept. 2007 at “Art of War 3″ in Texas. It will be almost two years to the day when the two heavyweights go at it again.
Monson is on a six fight win streak. His last bout was a submission win over Sergei Kharitonov at DREAM 8 back in April. Rizzo has lost his last two fights; the most recent being a brutal knockout from the hands of Gilbert Yvel at “Ultimate Chaos” in June.
One of the promoters of Bitetti Combat, Fernando Miranda, said of the match up, “We believe this will be one of the biggest fights of the event, a great striker against a great grappler.”
Here is the complete card for “Bitetti Combat 4″
- Ricardo Arona vs. Marvin Eastman
- Rogério Minotouro vs. Alex Stiebling
- Pedro Rizzo vs. Jeff Monson
- Glover Teixeira vs. Leonardo Chocolate
- Luciano Azevedo vs. Milton Vieira
- Henrique Chocolate vs. Eduardo Pamplona
- Alexandre Pulga vs. Luciano Yzzy