On April 11th, STRIKEFORCE: SHAMROCK vs. DIAZ took place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California and was broadcast live on Showtime.
15,211 MMA fans showed up to watch the event live with a total gate from ticket sales at $750,000.
The total fighter payroll was $633,445. Although Frank Shamrock lost to Nick Diaz via TKO in the main event, “The Legend” was still able to walk away as the big winner for the night when it came to salary with a sweet $369,790 paycheck.
Here are the fighter salaries:
- Nick Diaz $39,950 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Frank Shamrock $369,790
- Gilbert Melendez $49,890 (no win bonus) def. Rodrigo Damm $9,190
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos $18,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Hitomi Akano $1,450
- Scott Smith $49,940 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Benji Radach $16,940
- Brett Rogers $39,940 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Ron Humphrey $3,205
- Luke Rockhold $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Buck Meredith $1,540
- Eric Lawson $9,950 (includes $2,000 win bonus) def. Waylon Kennell $1,950
- Raul Castillo $6,890 (includes $3,500 win bonus) def. Brandon Michaels $1,500
- James Terry $3,940 (includes $2,000 win bonus) def. Zak Bucia $1,500
- Shingo Kohara $940 (no win bonus) def. Jeremy Tavares $940
Props – MMAPayout